- 1 To download the below and all other Useful Books and calculations Excel sheets please click here
- 2 To download the below and all other Useful Books and calculations Excel sheets please click here
- 3 Experiences and Expectations of a Cement Plant Manager
Experiences and Expectations of a Cement Plant Manager
A Plant Manager’s View… Strength, Performance, Passion
Rudolf Haas Holcim (Switzerland) AG Siggenthal Plant
a Plant Manager’s View: STATEMENTS
- I enjoy my work…”still”!
- exciting, challenging, rewarding… a dream…?
- a huge variety of tasks: from geology to…KPI’s (MPR) …relation to community (CSR, OH&S)
- responsibility for people, assets, production, environment, cost… people come first!
- prospects for development and prestige…?
Cementos Caribe, Cumarebo, Venezuela
a Plant Manager’s View: Concerns
- Strength, Performance, Passion”
-Strength: people… target: continuous training
-Performance: production (OEE, AFR, MTBF)… quality
-Passion: motivation, identification, initiative, creativity
- Challenging Holcim’s Targets
– Fuel Costs… AFR: TSR=100 %! – “How can we reach this?”
-FTE… “How to be more versatile and efficient?”
- Activities, programs and changes
-Focus on priorities, “triage”
-Optimisation, sustainable development
a Plant Manager: Key Success Factors
- Be risk minded and courageous
- Efficient organisation
- Keep close with employees …walk the plant
- Contacts, communication in- and outside plant
- Select, encourage and develop employees, confidence
- Faster learning, exchange of experience and know how, consult experts
- Committed to move things!
- Enjoy working with people, team spirit, have fun!
- Flexible, graduated engineer with industrial management background
- 5 to 10 years of cement practice, with experience as head of production and maintenance
- Project experience inclusive commissioning
- Likes people and creating new opportunities
- Good communicator and team player
- Flexible and tolerant family