Problem Material leakage at kiln inlet
1. Increase Kiln RPM…..
2. Check Scoop Ring , once plant is under shut.
3. Ensure there is no ring formation inside kiln….Just see kiln inlet draft, CO- Kiln shell temperature….
4. Check tongue plate sectors….During plant shut
5. Check kiln tyre migration and floating.
6. If the spillage is just after shutdown then please check there is no step in inlet slope cast able.
7. If kiln is due for shut then there might be some castable failure of kiln inlet slope.
8. Check that there is no coating in front of cycle 6 (for 6 stage P/H) Feed pipe…
9. Check dispersion plate of cyclone 5 (in case of pyroclone)…
– Please to check inlet shelv ( spoone ) may be damaged this is main reason for material leakage from inlet and ring formation in kiln inlet.
– inlet seal for air sealing not for material sealing
– keep kiln postion upstream high position.
Its due to ring formation inside kiln, inlet seal gap, check, tongue plate, kiln ring is due to sulfur content so increase bypass fan if there , increase kiln rpm also stop this leaking if filling degree is high
can you move the splach plate for feeding material inside .
can also increase the rpm for by pass fan .
all of this is temperary solution untill kiln stop to repair both of kiln shelf and also kiln cone.
In most cases this is circulation phenomena, a ring formation developed inside kiln. We can determine this in what area has ring formation (hump) through thermal scanner. To temporarily change raw mix design helps a lot, speed up kiln speed & reduce kiln rate. Focus on hourly temp monitoring of cold spot & ensure not to overheat other areas of kiln.
You check kiln inlet seal with Pneumatic cylinder and piston arrangements if is there ant allignment issue or seal gap, i.e. up stream of kiln.
You can check if is there any ring formation at inside kiln.
You can check condition of tongue plate if is there any abnormality.