Kiln Shutdown Procedures
when you buy the package from here , you will get books + complete Courses + Manuals and Notes from very Reputable companies + confidential Guides and Drawings for Cement industry owned by experts only click here Now.
Normal shut-down of the kiln plant
1. Reducing of the kiln feed in steps of 5%, minimal kiln feed is about 40…50%
an empty kiln can be easier heated-up and re-started!
2. Stop of PC-Burner and kiln feed
3. Tertiary air flap to be closed
4. Stop of the main burner (or minimum for a short stop), primary fans to be kept in
5. Fresh air flaps to be opened
6. Pre-heater-damper: 10-15% (0% = closed)
7. Stop Pre-heater-fan and adjust the main Bag house-fan damper so that the
pressure after the Pre heater-fan is -1.5 mbar
8 .Cooler fans: minimum speed or dampers to be closed
9.Cooler exhaust air fan: set to minimum to maintain kiln hood draught..
10.Start the kiln on the barring drive. (Aux)
11. Kiln to be tilted! – During cooling down
If raining: run kiln continuously with auxiliary drive
– 1st and 2nd hour each 10 min 120°
– 3rd hour each 15 min 120°
– 4th hour each 20 min 120°
– 5th till 8th hour
– then…each 30 min 120°
…till a kiln shell temperature (sintering zone) of about 100°C is reached
12. Cooler track units: to be operated in intervals