IN A CEMENT PLANT WHERE DOES THE HEAT GO ??!!! + EXCEL SHEET FOR HEAT BALANCE
HELLO DEAR , IF YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE MANUALS AND FORMULAS AND EBOOKS FOR 27 EXPERIENCED EX-HOLCIM ENGINEER PLEASE CLICK HERE NOW, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE ESSENTIAL PACKAGE CONTAIN BOOKS , PROCESS MANUALS AND EXCEL SHEETS FOR CALCULATIONS.
For perpetual pyro process in a kiln the heatrequired is only heat of clinker mineral formation,
ie., 380 – 400 Kcal/kg clinker. 280 – 350 Kcal/kg clinker is wasted which is about 40 – 45 % .
The dream of design engineer is to make heat losses to minimum and how to optimize the heat consumption.
The preheater heat losses
Pre heater gas temperature Design of cyclones
No of stages
Inlet / out let velocity ratio Location of meal distribution boxes
Preheater( Surface) heat losses through radiation
Calciner gas retention time Combustion effciency
Coal residue & raw meal residue Location of firing nozzles
Burning zone, Flame-profile
Low momentum burner
High momentum burner
Lafarge Multi Channel burner
Cement kiln flame types
Straight flame – essentially external recirculation
Weak internal recirculation & external recirculation
Strong internal recirculation & external recirculation
“It is desirable to operate the kiln at the lowest fuel consumption. This must be consistent with the highest practical output at an acceptable market quality.”
WHY TO DO IT
- To get a detailed view of the kiln line performance
- Evaluate exact data for heat consumption, production,…
- Basis for comparison impact of investment or modifications carried out & comparison to other plants
- Detect weak points – Action Plan
- Detect optimization potential
- Check of sensors, weigh feeder,…
- Any boundary shape can be chosen.
- Every stream that crosses the envelope must be taken into account.
- The boundary line is chosen so that the boundary points are:useful for the balance goals &easily accessible for reliable measurements