- Obtaining finer material on 90 and 200 µ residues decreases the burning heat and cement grinding specific energy.
- This also makes the strength higher.
- Decrease the residue amount from 20% to 10% on 100 µ mesh, gain 4 kWh/t energy.
By Producing Finer Meal
- Saving for:
–Burning fuel energy,
–Cement grinding energy
Finer Meal = kW
Finer Meal = Energy Saving
Finer Meal = Saving on Grinding Energy
Rule 2 Short burning zone effects the grindability and strength development positively.
Hot and Short Burning Zone
- Makes the clinker easily grindable.
Short Burning Zone = Better Grindability (Grindability and Burning Zone Length)
- Stable conditions requires oxidizing environment.
- Reducing environment increases the volatile cycle.
- This causes the fluctuations of alkali sulphate and circulating elements.
- Thus, bad clinker is produced.
Let the Kiln Breathe
- With the reduction of volatile matter;
–Stable kiln operation,
–Stable clinker quality
- Increase of clinker free lime content decreases the initial and final setting time.
- Limestone addition accelerates the initial and final setting time.
- Increase of free lime from 0.5% to 1.5%, initial and final setting time decreases for 40-50 minutes.
Addition of small amount of free lime
- Makes the clinker Nervous
Decrease of Free Lime and Setting Time
- Increasing the C3S proportion of clinker develops the 1,2,3 and 7 day strength. After 28 days, strength development may be less because of C2S effect.
In short and middle term,
Hard to Grind…
Rule 7 Whatever the formation is, alkalis do not affect the 28 days strength positively.
Effect of Alkalis
Rule 8 Regarding early strength, with the optimum sulphate content, soluble alkalis, especially alkali sulphates develops the early strength.
Rule 9 Change of crystal formation of C3A from cubic to orthorhombic,
–Sensitivity to aging
–Decrease in 28 days strength.
Alkalis more than sulphates